Detective: Petty Officers
Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game - the highly acclaimed cooperative game - is expanding the cases in the Signature Series.
Petty Officers, written by Mike Selinker, Liz Spain and Skylar Woodies, is the second case in the Detective: Signature Series.
The call comes into Antares Headquarters: There's been a mauling. A tiger has attacked his circus handler, but something doesn't feel quite right. Could the tiger be innocent of this terrifying crime?
There's only one way to find out: You will need to investigate. But you'll need help. This time you're not going on the case alone. This time, you're taking your pets.
Detective: Petty Officers is a wild case with five new animal assistants to complement your detectives' skills. The truth is just a sniff away.
Sometimes everyone needs a break, even special agents. They come home with a desperate need of a hug. Especially if it’s a hug from someone hairy, with a damp nose and a wagging tail. But hugs aren’t their only speciality. They can also solve a criminal investigation…
Agents of Antares come back! Canto Parellis, the famous handler, gets badly injured during practice. Is the wild tiger responsible for the accident or is there something else? Petty Officers is an expansion to the legendary criminal board game Detective by Ignacy Trzewiczek (Imperial Settlers, Robinson, Stronghold).
The expansion was written by famous Mike Selinker, together with Liz Spain, Skylar Woodies and the Lone Shark Games team. This time in the investigation the pets will help their owners!
In Petty Officers you will take the challenge of solving the investigation by using the amazing skills of your pets.
- Cleo the cat can spend an hour napping to add one Authority token to the Token pool.
- Snowflake the albino ferret can steal any token from the Token pool and put it under this badge to add two Authority tokens to the Token pool. Tokens under his badge cannot be spent.
- Hola the parrot can add one Stress token to the Token pool and repeat something she just heard to add one Questioning token to the Token pool.
- Texas the German Shepherd can spend one Authority from the Token pool and glare commandingly to add one Wild Skill token to the Token pool.
- Betty the Beagle, who can read a Lead card for one Authority token without spending any time on it.
Pet tokens can also be used to get rid of Stress tokens. This option is extremely useful, especially in the action Choose Now!. When you encounter such an action, you will have at least two options to choose from, among which you must choose one before drawing another Lead card. Action Choose Now! will result in an increased number of simultaneously active Leads, which cooperate with the ability of Betty the Beagle, who can read Lead cards for one Authority token without spending any time on it.